Monday 20 May 2013

Best Dressed List

Thank you everyone for attending, I had so much fun! 
So I've been reviewing your outfits and only a few made it to the list (if you are not on here, your outfit did not stand out, sorry)

The theme was 90's (grunge/pop/hiphop)

In order of the best;

BEST OF THE NIGHT

Diedunklemaid (congrats! you will receive a special award in your suite!)



Khol: oh my god, the hair, the jacket, the shoes, the makeup fuck me right now gurl. 971209/5
Kim: love the outfit! it's a different direction than what the others had taken but i love the grunge! 4/5


Laia_Fergusson_


Khol: Furbylicious! damn furbies are so 90s gurl AH MAZIN 5/5
Kim: Love this! It amazes me how you manage to make a furby look so stylish. 5/5


xeiv


Khol:  omg I am going to have a heart attack, woah holly I love it so much you got it spot on LOVE the brooke candy braids! 5/5
Kim:  Pretty much what I expected from you and it's nothing spectular, but I love the hair and overall look! 4/5


QueenDetox


Khol: wow, baby spice on drugs what happened gurl, fantabulous! 5/5
Kim: I love what you do with stardesign hair/makeup! Pretty simple outfit but it's very 90s. 4/5


--Kayley


Khol: woah! this is so gorgeous, I'm normally a massive fan of your style and this makes me love you even more! 4/5
Kim: Love your style and I love this. I wish you would have changed your makeup a bit though. 4/5


Illuminasty


Khol: love love love love love IN LOVE 5/5
Kim: I really love the mix of 90's current trends. Nothing show stopping, but a great outfit. 4/5


Manolo.DiCicco

Khol: ooh the furby hunter looks hot! apart from the hair it all looks good! 3/5
Kim: SO 90s, love it! Not too keen on that hair though. 4/5


Emmahunt4



Khol: im not too keen on this, but you got the memo and had the right mind! 3/5
Kim: I have to say that I'm not keen, but wow, you're resemblance to Scary Spice is pretty.. scary? 3/5




If you haven't already seen, This was my outfit;






15 comments:

  1. None of these outfits scream "90's" at all. It just looks like something you'd see on a modern day street style blog. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I see people dressed as furbys ALL the time on street style blogs... In all seriousness though I do agree, I only think 3 to 4 truly show 90s.

      Delete
    2. I think my look resembles the 90s grunge look i wanted to achieve quite well. It's not my fault, that everyone is trying to transfer that look into todays street style.It's just a fashion trend, which will disappear soon enough, but the essence will stay the same. There were some kinda horrrid outfits, but i guess khol managed to choose the rather good ones.

      Delete
    3. Well Ashley, These were the only acceptable ones I could post, the rest (including yours) were not one bit inspired by the 90's.

      The 90's consisted of grunge, urban hippies, colourful stuff, flatforms, bright hair, fresh prince of bel air etc All of these looks included an element from the 90s.

      Isa managed to pull the look of tremendously, she got it bang on.

      Delete
    4. I think I've gotta agree with Ashley on this one, unfortunately. I think there was only a few outfits that I felt had some 90s aspect to. Maybe its just that you only focused on one aspect of the decad - or perhaps the only aspect you wanted to feature.

      And I'm sorry if anyone disagrees with me, but I'm confused with Luis' look with the furby...to the best of my knowledge the furby is a fairly new toy, and by no means a toy played with in the 90s...

      Hopefully I'm not offending anyone here, I was honestly expecting to make it to the worst dressed list, so yay! lol

      Delete
    5. The furby was released in the 90's

      Delete
    6. Yes it was. They just made a new version. XD I loved my furby.

      Delete
    7. omg lindsey are u serious
      the furby is totally a late 90s toy

      Delete
    8. My outfit was inspired by Left Eye from the group TLC, who is renown for being a 90's fashion icon. Take a look see on Google for a chance. All of these are very "try-hard" material aside from Luis' which references popular culture (the furby toy).

      Delete
  2. I'm not going to say none of these outfits didn't resemble the 90s, but maybe I didn't see it as clearly as you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think you should have only picked the outfits that "stood out". 90's weren't all about "grunge, urban hippies, colourful stuff, flatforms,bright hair..."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diedunklemaid's "Gold Shilpa Jacket" has been on my wishlist since 2008! LOL.
    God, it's so gorgeous. :3

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 90s kids needed help dressing with there waist high skinny jeans and beige oversized sweaters and cheap white sneakers so hey these outfits were fine

    ReplyDelete